Mzansi Afrika

From Johannesburg South Africa, a window on the world

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Back

I am back from holiday, had a good rest, but was glad to get back to Joburg. Knysna was extremely busy, if I ever go there again, it will not be during oyster festival time. I did eat some oysters though, but at R6.50 a pop I did not eat too many. Knysna has really grown and I was amazed at the absolute explosion of luxury developments going up, and that goes for Plett, Jeffrey's Bay and Port St. Francis as well. In complete contrast, on the outskirts of all these "holiday" towns you have the burgeoning growth of townships and squatter camps. It was a stark reminder of the growing gap between rich and poor in this country. I hope the ANC decides to carry out all their election promises, because if they dont, I think, as we've seen recently with the Diepsloot incident, people are going to start getting angry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home